Monday, September 21, 2009

New wip...work in progress




One of my favorite artists is Armin Mersmann. I first discovered him at Artpapa.com, but you can also find his work on Diviant Art (Nimra). He is an amazing artist and human being! Well anywho...hehehe...I have been wanting to do a piece influenced by him for some time now...so about a month ago I set up a bunch of rocks...yes I did say rocks...hehehe...on my concrete patio and just played with them snapping pictures and rearranging them and snapping more pictures...I didn't know exactly what I had in mind, but I figured I'ld know when I saw it. Finally, I previewed what I had on my camera and then went to see the"BIG" picture.


Amazingly enough it is not the rocks that I fell in love with in this piece, although I do love them...the textures and shapes, most of them are river rocks that I have collected, but the negative space around and among the rocks that I adore.


This weekend I have started working on the actual drawing...

4 comments:

Alex said...

Looking at your previous work... I am pretty sure something great is going to happen here soon ^^ CAN'T WAIT!

nanke's stuff said...

This is going to be so special when it's finished. I'm with Alex, I can't wait to see it! nancy

Anonymous said...

I see your dancers already!! Funny how you've created movement with rocks...love it and love you, sissy!

Anonymous said...

This has such a lovely feel.