Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New direction...................................


Taking a new direction....well maybe not so new...at least to me. I had such great plans for blogging and leaving a record of my existence other than the next generation....not that they aren't fantastic. They are the light of my life!!!! My 4 lovely daughters...My oldest has flown the coop...she just rescently moved out on her own. The Christmas Elf is still as sassy as ever and the younger two keep me hopping, but any who...hehehe...I want to include my artwork here for your consideration.



9 comments:

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Well, it looks like a lovely direction, and thank you for inviting us along!

Kelly said...

Wow... what a fabulous, fun drawing. You are very talented!

Peachtreeart said...

Don't you love kids at that age, sass and all. Great job!

nanke's stuff said...

Looks like a fun journey with lots of laughs! nancy

Laura said...

Kate,
Thank you so much for commenting...Love your painting of scout on the double wedding ring...Amazing work and I love that you are so willing to share techniques!

Kelly, Peachtree and Nanke,
Thanks and sorry it's not the best photo. I plan on reshooting it later. It was fun to draw...kept me smiling each day as I worked.
I have been surfing everyones blogs and sites and you all do such wonderful work.

Laura

Kate (Cathy Johnson) said...

Thanks, Laura! And I'll bet that DID keep you smiling, it's wonderful!

CAO said...

Hey Laura, what a complicated piece and you finished it with flying color. I love it. What a great leap in skill.

Laura said...

Cao,

Thank you that means so much coming from you! My progress is thanks to you and others at AP. You all have my undying love and gratitude for all of your help and insight!

Laura

Timaree said...

This is a super portrait. So often portraits are of a child all dressed up in clothes they never really wear, with their hair done how they seldom wear it and with expressions that just tell you they are lovely but no different than other lovely children. This one shouts PERSONALITY! I love it.